Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Not All Who Wander Are Lost
June, 2019 - Mount Denali, Alaska

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Busy, Busy

Wow, this week is a whirlwind. After a few relaxing days last weekend, it was time to swing into action.

Since the weather was not very nice last weekend, I came home around noon on Sunday. Kevin is staying at the campground to do camphosting duties. I got a lot accomplished on Sunday.

We are working on a project for the camper. We are building a desk. I saw one some other fulltimers were discussing in a forum recently. They bought it from an Amish furniture maker in Indiana. It has two end cabinets that sit on either side of the dining table under the windows. There is a piece of wood that goes over the back of the table connecting the two ends. The top is 12 inches wide so we lose some of the dining table, but we gain a place to keep the laptop, printer and two cabinets for more storage. If we pull out the leaf on the table, we can still seat four. The cost from the Amish company was $800. We found some cabinets and bought an oak board and are making our own for around $200. The pieces were all unfinished so I did some staining when I got home Sunday. Once it it finished, I'll post some pictures. I also packed up everything else except the Christmas items.

I currently have 3 bins for our son to store. I think I will have 1 or 2 more after finishing with the Christmas items and a few other things. I packed a box of kitchen items for our son in Minnesota. He is moving into a new apartment and is losing the roommate that had the kitchen stuff. I also did laundry. I was really tired by evening.

We also decided to sell Kevin's bobbleheads on ebay. I wish we would have thought of that a little earlier. I sold almost all of them, but have spent the last two evenings packing them all for shipping.

I spoke to the estate sale woman today. She still hasn't given me an exact date. She is going to contact the newspapers tomorrow to see when she has to have the ads in and will set the date based on the ads. I hope this all works out!

I've also been very busy at work getting everything done before I leave on Friday. Only 3 days to go!!!!! I am getting so pumped :)

Next time I'll discuss some other last minute technology details we're taking care of.

2 comments:

  1. When everything gets done, you can sit back and truly enjoy everything that you have accomplished. It is a great feeling, and is just around the corner for you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm very very happy and excited for you. After you are thru this, and have some time, could you write a blog about how and what an estate sales company or (lady) does, and how it works. I've heard it mentioned before. The only thing I have heard is that you get very little of the value, but things are gone!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!