Yesterday we got a call offering us a position as a volunteer camphost for the summer at a county park about 30 miles from our home!
There is just one small problem. Our house hasn't sold yet. About a month ago, we had accepted an offer and thought we would be closing at the end of March. We started checking around for a place to stay for the summer. When we contacted a county park we have enjoyed camping at, they told us they had a volunteer camphost position available for the summer. They sent us an application and we applied. We thought this would be perfect. We could stay in the area for the summer while organizing the RV for fulltime living. My mom has a farm nearby with a large garage we could store things in. The thought was to put what we wanted to take with us in her garage and organize in a relaxed manner; rather than throwing everything in the RV and taking it from there.
Well, in the meantime the offer on our house fell through. Yesterday the county park manager called and offered us the job. We decided to take it! We have had many showings on the house and a few who want to come back for a second look. Our agent is pretty confident we will get an offer by April as the government homebuyer incentives will expire at the end of April.
If the house hasn't sold by May, Kevin will do the camphosting. I will continue to work; staying at the house during the week and camphosting with him on the weekends.
It feels like this is right for us. I believe things frequently happen for a reason. I am hopeful the "cart is before the horse" because our house will be sold in time.
Keep your fingers crossed for us! I will close with a quote about patience. I'll just keep repeating these words to myself every day while we continue waiting and waiting and waiting......
"He that can have Patience, can have what he will" Benjamin Franklin
6 hours ago