Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Not All Who Wander Are Lost
June, 2019 - Mount Denali, Alaska

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Baby Shower in Nebraska

As I stated in my last post, our departure from Yuma has been delayed this summer due to Kevin's bypass surgery. He is doing super well, but we have to wait for the breast bone to heal so he can tow the fifth wheel safely.

Our granddaughter is due in early July. Cathryn's sister, Samantha, was hosting a baby shower on June 3rd with help from myself and some of their friends. Initially, we had planned to travel to Nebraska with the fifth wheel in time for the shower. That wasn't happening, so I flew and stayed for five days. It was a wonderful shower, and I had a great time visiting with Korey and Cathryn, whom we hadn't seen in over a year.


They are both huge Disney fans, so the theme of the shower was, of course, Disney. Samantha made these cute cupcakes. The yellow ones were Dole Whip pineapple flavored. So good!

Several months ago, at a friend's baby shower, Korey had mentioned that if he ever had a baby shower, he wanted a dragon cake. Instead of breathing out fire, he wanted it to breath out a baby. This was before they knew they were expecting. Samantha is quite the baker, and she remembered this comment. She did a great job. Disney has a character named Figment on one of their Epcot rides. Korey has always loved Figment. The large figure belongs to him. Not only was the cake beautifully decorated, it tasted great, too!



I made the Mickey Mouse fruit bowl and cut out the cheese with a Mickey cookie cutter. Everything turned out so nice.



Cathryn's parents traveled from Minnesota for the shower. Both grandmas were given these cute badges to wear at the shower. This will be the first grandchild for both sets of grandparents. How thoughtful was that!! 

Cathryn's mom and I both had saved some baby items from our own children. She brought the cutest little dresses. We looked through my bin, but most of it is for boys. There were a few things they might be able to use.


I made two quilts for the shower. The baby will lay on the angel wings and then have a picture taken each month to show her growth. The background is actually white. I'm not sure why it looks like there are blue lines in it.


Here are the family members that were present. Korey, Cathryn, Samantha, her parents and myself. Our son Eric was not able to come from Wisconsin because his girlfriend just had surgery. Also, Kevin stayed in Yuma. When I was making the plans to fly, we weren't sure how well his recovery would be going, so felt it was best he didn't travel.


I was flying home late Tuesday afternoon. Korey took me to work with him where I helped with a service project the campers are doing. They're painting a large mural to hang in one of the camp buildings. 

What the finished product will look like.

Work in progress

As I was sitting outside of the building, I saw this swallow nesting in the eaves.


On the flights home, I flew from Omaha to Dallas, and then to Yuma. Dallas was  having thunderstorms and the flight was delayed well over two hours. Luckily, I had a three hour layover. I had to sprint through a very large Dallas airport to get to my next gate. I haven't run like that in quite some time, but I made it with about 10 minutes to spare!

Don’t wish upon a star – Reach for one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!