Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Not All Who Wander Are Lost
June, 2019 - Mount Denali, Alaska

Saturday, April 17, 2021

A New Golf Cart

 It's been over a month since my last post. We have been keeping busy and enjoying our friends and the beautiful weather during that time. 

We did decide to make a significant purchase last week. The golf cart we had that came with our park model when we purchased it was a 1997 EZGO electric cart. We've used it the last three years with no problems, but the batteries were now over four years old. It still worked fine around the resort, but it would not make it up the steep hill leaving the golf course anymore. The few times we tried to use it for a round of golf, Kevin ended up pushing me up the hill.

Rather than buy new batteries, we decided to look around for a used gas cart. Premier Golf Carts in Yuma had eight carts that had been turned in after being leased by a course for three years. We ended up buying a 2017 refurbished cart with a new body, windshield, seats and wiring. It looks like brand new, and we think we got a good price. Here she is!!


We put a for sale sign on the old one, and had it sold to someone in the park within two hours for a price we were happy with. 

We've continued to golf quite a bit. The organized golf groups ended in early April, but there are plenty of people still here to play with. I played quite a bit this year with two of my good friends, Carolyn and Cynthia. 


A few days ago Kevin and I were playing a round when I noticed something odd in one of the trees along the fence line. Upon closer inspection, it turned out to be a swarm of bees. Two days later, they were gone. I don't know if they moved on or if they were removed.


The Palo Verde trees which are the Arizona state tree are in bloom. I liked this view of the sun shining through one of them at Coyote Wash Golf Course last week.

Yuma is known as the Winter Salad Bowl of the country because there is so much produce grown here during the winter season. When we first came here, we were surprised at the amount of farm fields. I just thought it would be desert. There is a complicated irrigation system in place from the Colorado River which allows all of this farming to take place. Here are some of the green fields we saw while golfing at Butterfield Golf Course.


On March 19th the resort held a going away party. Tables were set up in the parking lot due to Covid restrictions. We enjoyed a free dinner of corned beef and fixings and free drinks for the evening. 




The band was set up on a trailer. The theme was Roaring 20s and there were lots of great decorations. Our friends Pat and Jim were enjoying the music and showing off their dance moves.


Our resort has happy hours every weekday at the pool. Every once in a while we attend. Here we are with a group of friends on March 31st. As you can see, everyone is happy!


The last happy hour of the season was held on April 15th. It was pretty warm, but we found shade under one of the cabanas at the pool. When we got there, we found out drinks were free. Bonus!! As you can see, everyone is again happy!!


Carolyn showed us a new craft idea called pebble art. It's making pictures out of small rocks. We had a ball being creative.


Here we are with some of our finished products. 


I found a picture on Pinterest that I liked, so I made my own version of a hiker. Our friends Nancy and Everett lead the hiking group, so I thought it would be perfect for them. I think they really liked it. I have a few other ideas in mind, but haven't gotten them finished yet.



We also did some rock painting. I made this rock cactus planter. I have ideas for some other rock painting projects, but I just don't know where the time goes. Who knew being retired would keep us so busy!!


Someone in the resort has a drone and took this aerial picture. Our house is where the arrow is. I thought it was a cool view.


I have been quilting, but most of the projects are gifts, so can't be shown yet. I did finally finish this queen sized bedspread for our fifth wheel. I started it last summer in Wisconsin. It was a lot of work, but I'm very happy with the end result. My decorating theme in the fifth wheel is north woods, so it fits right in. It will be much nicer than the one that came with it.


So, that brings you up to date on what we've been up to. We plan to leave Yuma in mid June and make our way to Wisconsin, Nebraska and Iowa to visit family again this summer. On the way back, we have reservations at the Albuquerque International Balloon Festival. We're very much looking forward to seeing our family again and attending the festival.

Stay safe everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!