Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Not All Who Wander Are Lost
June, 2019 - Mount Denali, Alaska

Monday, May 11, 2015

A Happy Mother’s Day

I hope all the mothers out there had a very happy Mother’s Day. My day was wonderful. The weather was cool and drizzly so the first part of the day was spent just lounging around inside watching some TV, surfing the web and doing some reading. I didn’t even get dressed until the afternoon :)

We met my mom, my brother and his wife, and our son Eric for dinner at The Mineshaft Restaurant in Hartford, Wisconsin. The prices are reasonable and the food is good. Along with good company, it is always a good place to eat. It was great seeing my mom as I haven’t seen her since Christmas. I know she really enjoyed having us all together again.

I love to read, and I just finished a book that I really enjoyed. It was All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. Historical fiction is one of my favorite genres. This book takes place during WWII and tells the story of a young German boy and a French girl. I really enjoyed their story.

Last year we had a pair of red-tailed hawks build a nest in the park. I was hoping they would be back this year, and sure enough, they are. We’ve seen both of them sitting on the nest and flying around the area. Sometimes on windy days it looks like they are just enjoying soaring along the wind currents.

On Friday I was sitting outside, and suddenly there was a lot of commotion in the sky. I thought it was just the hawks, but then I saw an eagle fly over. I had heard there were eagles in the area, but had not seen one. In fact, I had never seen an eagle in the wild. I was sure excited to have my first eagle sighting. I hope it comes by again!!

P1160176

Spring is definitely in the air. The dandelions are in full bloom as are some of the flowering trees. It’s funny, but when we had a home, we spent lots of energy getting rid of dandelions. Here in the park, I find them quite pretty. Along with the dandelions, there are tiny purple wild violets blooming in the grass on our site. They are so pretty.

P1160180

Half of our campsites were occupied this weekend. The weather has been pretty mild this month, and it seems to me that we’ve had more sites occupied this May than in the past. Of course, we are fully booked for Memorial Day weekend, and after that I’m sure we’ll be pretty busy for the rest of the summer.

Don’t wish upon a star – Reach for one!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mothers Day! That lounging around thing is the best isn't it.🌸🌷😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you had a wonderful Mother's Day with your family.

    Hopefully those Red Tailed hawks are raising a family and that you will have the opportunity to see some little ones.

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!