Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Not All Who Wander Are Lost
June, 2019 - Mount Denali, Alaska

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Making Money on the Road

Last week I discovered a blog called Live and Travel on Minimum Wage.  Craig and Karin started this blog to share information they have about making money while living the full time lifestyle.

One way many bloggers make a little money is to have Google ads on their blogs.  So far, I’ve chosen not to put ads in my blog.  However, Craig and Karin mentioned an advertiser in their blog that intrigued me.  I signed up for Blogsvertise and was accepted.  Once accepted, they send you information about sites that might appeal to your readers. 

You review the site.  If your review is accepted, you get paid.  It’s pretty easy.  So, here’s my first attempt.

Today’s site is called RepairPal.  It’s a free site.  You can enter your zip code and find auto repair facilities in your area.  One of the best features of the site is that you can get estimates for what different types of repairs should cost. 

You can also enter a make and model of car and find out what kinds of experiences others have had with that type of car.  For example, here’s what owners of a 2004 Ford Expedition have to say.

There is also an auto repair encyclopedia where you can get definitions of different types of repairs such as a timing belt replacement or a water pump replacement.

I think this is a pretty useful site.  At the very least, you should be able to keep from being charged too much for specific repairs.

Like I said, this is my first attempt at this type of advertising.  Hopefully, they’ll accept my review.  I’ll let you know what happens.

Let me know what you think.  I’ll post later today about our trip to Mexico.

2 comments:

  1. It's not only about making a little money on the road, it's about making your expenses as low as possible. That's one of the reasons we are set up for drycamping, or boondocking, because most RV'ers have fairly high monthly campground expenses. We don't like staying in one spot, (that's why we have an RV!) so monthly or long term rates don't do us any good.

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they give you a list of web sites to review? Sounds like it would be interesting to do.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!