Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Not All Who Wander Are Lost
June, 2019 - Mount Denali, Alaska

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

One Step Closer

The house inspection report is in, and the buyers have signed off on it. There are a few minor repairs they want done which we have agreed to (attach a loose downspout and replace the screening in the patio door). We can handle that.

Tonight the appraiser comes. I can't see any problem there since we had the house appraised last fall for a refinance and sold it for below that appraised value.

Yesterday was a banner day for me. I gave my notice at work. April 30th will be my last day. I can't tell you how wonderful it felt. I have been very unhappy at my job for a long time. I have a very nasty coworker who has made my life miserable. As much as people tell you not to let it bother you, I couldn't help it. She was REALLY nasty! She hasn't said a word to me since I gave my notice.

The rest of the staff have been so supportive. So many of them have told me how they are envious or jealous of us. It seems there are a lot of people longing for freedom. I know this lifestyle isn't for everyone, but it seems fear is holding many back. Or, maybe we're just crazy.

Friday we are taking the camper to the county park we will be camphosting at. Kevin will stay there next week by himself. (I'm sure he'll manage just fine without me). Next Friday night I will join him and our official fulltime RV life will begin.

We're setting May 1, 2010 as our official fulltime date. I think that's fitting. I was born in Germany, and May Day is a big celebration in Germany. They celebrate the arrival of spring. Just like we will celebrate a new beginning for us. I'm getting a bit teary-eyed just thinking about it :)

All glory comes from daring to begin.

2 comments:

  1. I remember the relief of saying "I'm out of here!" Enjoy the moment. Aren't you just super happy? :) It's a great life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog today, and I'm trying to cath up from the beginning. I see a lot of correlations here. My wife was also an executive assistant, only for a major corporation (Bayer AG). We went through many of the same decisions you are when we moved from Northern Indiana to our second home in Arkansas, and then took over management of a newly acquisitioned 866-acre RV resort when we got here. I had to come down two weeks before my wife could get away. And also by cooincidence, we took over the park here on May 1st, only it was 1992! We're retired now, and even though we choose to keep a home base, we'll be out there with the rest of the RV'ers soon enough! Good luck. And now, on to the rest of your story!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!